Sunday, March 25, 2012

No Poo!

We ditched poo today! I was looking for a homemade shampoo recipe and asked a crunchy mommy friend of mine if she had a good recipe - she said we do "no-poo" - Say What?! So I googled it, and wow - reviews say it's pretty awesome. 


Why go No-Poo?
Your body produces oil to naturally condition your hair and keep it healthy. 
Using shampoo daily upsets the natural balance and 
causes you to produce more oil than necessary to compensate. 





I used an old shampoo bottle with 1 1/2 Tbsp of baking soda and a cup of water. I put the mix on my dry hair at the roots and worked it through my hair. Rinse. The 'conditioner' was made using 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water (give or take - I really didn't measure it), and put into a spray bottle. After rinsing the baking soda from my hair I sprayed the conditioner all over my wet hair and worked it in. Rinse. 

I don't recall a time that my hair felt this clean after washing it! 


My set up

Before Photo
(I'll add another photo next week of the progress) 

No comments: