Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm Dreaming...

of a white Christmas. We got a nice heaping (literally) pile of snow dumped on us this week.

My lone rose bush (usually you can see 4)

I must say I love living in North Dakota and all of the snow is one of the reasons I love it so much. Savannah and Richard do not share my sentiments this week thanks to getting stuck. Savannah couldn’t drive home and was stuck in Cando at work, and Richard was literally stuck on the road trying to drive to work. One of our neighbors was able
to help free him though. (Another reason I love living in North Dakota!)
The kids and I just stayed at home. I cleaned my house, something I haven’t had much time to do since I was anemic at the end of my pregnancy and then had to deal with being tired after child birth. The kids spent the snow day watching movies and playing.

This week was also Kyson’s first Christmas program. He did a great job singing a selection of songs with his class and the 6th graders. Korby and Kaitee did really well listening to the bands play. Once the singing and talking started they got bored and did
what bored 3 and 4 year olds do best - annoy their parents and make everyone else giggle. After ever song Korby would announce (loudly), “Time to GO.” That brought out a round of laughter from everyone around us, and embarrassed cheeks on Aunty Savannah! All in all they did pretty well for their age sitting through an hour long program. During the last song came Kaden’s big moment. While sitting on this mommy’s lap with his baby sister, the Heavens opened up and said, “Take this Bekah!” … Kaden got sick all over me. Yep, the flu had hit my house in that moment. I did a one armed hand off of the baby to an already busy Aunty, and headed for the bathroom with Kaden. It wasn’t all bad though because everyone around was so helpful and understood that’s how life is sometimes. Kyson’s preschool teacher helped me with clean up and found a paint shirt for Kaden to wear. When we got back to the gym the Superintendent had the mop out cleaning up the mess. So, like I said, it wasn’t all that bad, but I was sure happy to get in the van and drive away!

Because of the lighting and all the commotion this was the only photo I managed to get, but Kyson’s class took photos so I will have to try and get my hands on some of those.

I got some super news this week as well. Kaitee was to have her psychologist appointment last week, but the doctor got sick and had to cancel. I got a phone call from the school this week saying the doctor was going to come to the school next Wednesday and do the appointment and team meeting! Praise God. I can’t wait to see what she has to say about Kaitee’s development and set up a new plan to help Kaitee.

Well, I hear Kenleigh saying, “feed me,” and that’s mommy’s cue! Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments: