Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Adoption Update

Well I just realized that I forgot to post my updates in my blog. In fact I've missed a lot of updates in this blog, so I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things.

Non-Identifying Info (March 2, 2008)

I got my non-id info today... here's what I got if you want to read it.

I'll post some 'feelings' and things about it tomorrow. (if you click the first one ... you can just hit back (right next to the photo of the page) and read through the rest of the pages.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0001.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0002.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0003.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0004.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0005.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0006.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0007.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0008.jpg

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/koonfamily/?action=view&current=nonidinfo0009.jpg


Maybe?! March 3, 2008

Cindy wrote again today:

Hi! Not sure if I answered your question or not... Yes, you can just email the letter in for your birthfather. Most people do say that they hadn't thought much about the birthfather. It is nice when we can search so at the very least you can have both sides of your medical information.
I do have a possible phone number for your birthmother and I left a message for her to call me today.I will call you as soon a s I have more news.
Cindy :)

OH MY!!!! This could happen SOON! I hope she has the right number - I'm so flipin' excited!


Letter to my birth father

some parts are the same as the letter to my birth mom... but here is the letter I sent to my father.

And when the night wind
Starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping
Underneath the same big sky

sung by Linda Ronstadt ©1980

March 5, 2008

Dear Birthfather,

I called Cindy last week and she informed me that paternity was established in my adoption case, and suggested that I write a letter to you. I tried to start writing that night, but I couldn't think of anything to put down. The idea contacting you was so new for me - I don't know if it's that motherly connection I feel for my birth mom since I now have children of my own - or the fact that I never knew that you were a part of the picture until now. So I put off writing to you for days.

And then…

Monday (3/3/08) I got my non identifying information in the mail. I started reading it by myself until I got to the part that talked about you, and I decided to go visit a neighbor and finish reading it with her - I had so many feelings rush in at once that I couldn't cope with them on my own. From what the paperwork says you were every bit a part of my mom's pregnancy & my adoption process as she was.

It was really neat reading all the little blurbs they could share about what you were like and liked to do. I was reading them to my husband tonight and he said, "he sounds more like he should be my dad."

So I guess what I'm trying to say is - I hadn't really thought about having the opportunity to get to know you … but now I'm really excited that I might be able to now.

Let me tell you a bit about my life - Since I've already mentioned my husband I'll tell you about him first. Richard and I were married in April 2004. He is a mechanic and a member of the Army National Guard. He plays guitar and likes playing on his four-wheeler.

Richard and I have 3 children. Kyson just turned 3 - he is our little wild man. Kaitee turns 2 this month - she is our little princess (and she knows it!). Korby will be 1 in May - he is turning into quite the little ladies man (always flirting with the girls in our complex.)

Ok, now about me: I grew up on a small family farm in western North Dakota. I have 4 sisters and a brother. My little sister was also adopted - so it's been nice being able to talk to her about different feelings we both have. I grew up going to a Lutheran Church and loved going to Bible Camp every summer. I go to a Wesleyan Church now - though I don't get there as often as I should or want.

We now live in Ohio. I enjoy things like knitting, sewing, reading, playing on the internet, writing letters to friends back home, and texting people on my cell phone. I spend my days playing with my kids & talking to the girls in the complex where we live now.

I hope one day we can have a relationship with one another , though I realize that could take some time. There are so many things I want to share with you, and so many things I want to know about you. I imagine the decision to have contact with me is probably just as difficult as the decision to give me up was for you. Please know I don't want to intrude on your life. I'm not here to make you feel guilty - I would just love to know you. I have so many questions I want to ask you… like: What were you like when you were my age? Did you ever get married? Do I have any siblings?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Love,

Bekah



And the best news for now...
March 5, 2008

Cindy talked to my birth mom today! Her name is Donna - she has 3 other children (16, 13, and 10) they don't know about me yet. She still lives in North Dakota. She told Cindy there hasn't been a day she hasn't thought about me, and she wants to have contact.

So now Cindy is sending the paperwork to her tomorrow & we'll go from there.

She hasn't talked to my dad since I was born, so Cindy still has to try and find him.

when i know more... i'll post again

No comments: