Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Korby Darrell Koon ~ birth story and photos

Richard and I got up at 4 am and got ready to leave for the hospital. We had to go to a gas station and buy something to eat because I was starving and I knew once I got there they were not going to let me eat anything until baby was born. Well, we got to the hospital and 6 and got checked in and what not. At 7 they started the induction and I was still at 2 cm like I had been for the last 2 weeks. Richard and I just hung out in the room watching TV and waiting for the contractions to start. I had a few of them, but nothing big until around 9 am ~ after that they started coming one after the other so I had her check me and I was still at 2 cm. I decided to get a shot of pain killers since I wasn't dilating and was having really strong contractions. I don't remember what it was but DAMN it was good! At 11:30 Dr. Porter came in and broke my water and I was still only at a 3. My shot wore off then and my contractions were getting really bad so I asked for an epidural. Somewhere between 12 and 12:30 the anesthesiologist came in and ran the "you can die from this" drill ~ and then finally gave me the needle! Right after he got done I laid down and had a really bad contraction ~ I told her… "you need to check me that was A LOT of pressure." So she did, and I was at 8 cm. Dr. Porter told them to call Dr. Coats. We all (Richard, 4 nurses, Dr. Porter and a resident) sat and visited … well they did… I was dying from contractions and pressure. It wasn't very long after she had checked me and I told her she better check again ~ I was complete … Dr. Porter started getting suited up and was telling me not to push (like hell!) … Dr. Coats walked in the room *yes, she ACTUALLY made it this time* but Dr. Porter was already suited up so we started. I don't know how many pushes it was because I was trying to get the woman to get the mirror right. Before I knew it Korby was on my belly! I probably didn't need the epidural, but I'm glad I had it because I actually got to enjoy watching him come into the world. The doctor asked Richard if he was going to cut the cord, but he said she could do it since he was busy taking pictures ~ I told her "I want to do it then!" … So I got to cut his cord even though I couldn't see over Korby to see what I was doing! We just laid there and cuddled ~ I actually had all these emotional feelings this time (I really didn't with the other two … with Kyson I was too worn out from 15 hours of labor and with Kaitee I was in PAIN because I didn't have any drugs) … She had to fix a second degree tare and then they had some problems with me bleeding… I don't really remember most of it. Korby stayed with us for a really long time before Richard took him down to be weighed and measured and all that good stuff. It was great having all that bonding time. Korby Darrell Koon was born at 1:09 PM he weighed 7 pounds 1.1 ounces and was 19 ½ inches long. I had the best hospital experience of my life, because I told them what was going to happen with my body and my baby.
I don't think Kyson has put 2 and 2 together that this baby is here to stay. He just kind of looks at him and once and awhile he'll point and say "baby." Kaitee is in LOVE with him. She's always touching his cheeks and nose and gets very upset when I make him cry! Daddy and I are both madly in love! Our family is perfect for now and we couldn't be happier.

**update ~ Kyson now LOVES the baby too... he always wants to hold him ... he says MY baby!**

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
the last photo of my big baby belly

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He's Here!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm in LOVE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MY BABY!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My Life!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kaitee loves her baby!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Korby Darrell Koon & Darrell Richard Koon (Grandpa)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Korby & his Grandma Blankie (made by Grandma Pat)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The shirt daddy picked out for going home in

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Happy Birthday My Angel

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
First Walmart trip on the way home to get all the things we forgot we needed

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: